Wind Sprint Relay
WIND SPRINT RELAY RULES
Event Record: Reynolds & Reynolds – 48.77 – set in 2016
- Each participating team shall consist of FOUR coed team members running a distance of 100 yards back and forth.
- Participants may run in any male/female order.
- Time will start when the horn/whistle is sounded and conclude when the last participant’s entire body crosses the finish line.
- Runners of legs 2, 3 and 4 may not leave their starting line until the previous runner crosses the line. Runners of legs 2, 3 and 4 may start either from a resting position OR may take a running start from behind their starting line, in either case the runner must not cross the starting line prior to the previous runner crossing. Failure to complete a proper exchange will result in a time penalty.
- Each team must stay in their respected lane the entire time.
Metal running spikes are not permitted in the Battle. Running shoes without the spikes are OK!
NOTE: This competition will be on a field turf and not a running track.
- 2 seconds: For each false start, not counting the first one (per team)
- 2 seconds: For each improper exchange – next runner leaving too soon
- 4 seconds: For interfering with an opponent